Wednesday, 8 March 2017

I Am A Woman, What's Your Super Power?

Wednesday March the 8th. International Women's Day 2017. As I sit here with my son asleep with his nursing pillow next to me, listening to Spotify's Women Of R&B Playlist, I can't help but reflect on what #IWD means to me. It has been almost a year since I found out my life would change forever. Since I became a mother I have seen life in a completely different perspective. Although I'm still a new mom, I have become more loving, more patient, more selfless & more protective. When I finally took my pregnancy test (I thought my late period was due to stress) I was scared. Scared of the results. Scared for my future. The thought of becoming a Mom at 23 was so nerve-racking. But Before We Continue, Here's Some Backstory For You Nosy People LOL: I was with CJs Father since I was 18. (3 years together, on & off for 2 years) I am now turning 24. We had plans to get married & start a family but I know firsthand that you can't trust anyone's but Gods plan for your life. We are not together which is good. The relationship was toxic on both sides & needed to end. I'm still thankful for the years together & the memories made. We have created a healthy, intelligent & handsome little boy. He is my main concern. (HAPPY? since people wanted to know. -_-) I have done a lot of self reflecting and forgiving in the past 12 months.Through my first, second & third trimester I had great support from an amazing group of women. My Mother, cousin & my girlfriends. They cheered me up when I lost my father during my last trimester, they helped me fill my crazy food cravings & they always made sure I felt beautiful. I am beyond grateful that CJ will have such loving women in his life. Although having a child doesn't make you a woman , I definitely feel as if I became a woman on November 29th 2016. Raising a little boy in this generation is hard when the media portrays males as superior. Everything I do he will be watching, learning & copying. I will be his role model when it comes to how he treats women. He will know that women are his equal & he must respect them. He will know not to overstep any boundaries and always let the woman be in control of her body. One day we won't have to fight for equal rights, equal pay & respect for women and our bodies. Until then we will continue to be great. Continue to raise families while chasing our goals. Continue to be fabulous and continue to rise. Remember, when strong women come together, magic happens. Happy International Women's Day To All Of My Strong, Intelligent & Beautiful Women Of All Nationalities & Religions Regardless of Your Sexual Orientation. The FUTURE Is FEMALE!

3 comments:

  1. CJ is lucky to have a woman like you as his mum. Love you and thankful for you and now CJ in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! You are such an amazing mother already and I know as well as everyone else that you are going to continue growing stronger everyday �� (I've been watching first hand and it's happening so quickly)! Love you

    ReplyDelete